At Gleneagles we’re united in our values, no matter where we work; we demonstrate a true sense of pride in all that we do, we operate collaboratively as one team, we’re warm and thoughtful in our make-up, and our spirit of adventure ensures our product and concepts remain fresh and relevant.
Diverse, ambitious and welcoming, we have an inherent desire to create unique and incredible experiences for both our guests and our people; we work hard, get stuck in and have fun.
As one of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, we are currently seeking a Deputy Clubhouse Manager extraordinaire to be the next representative of a firm favourite for all our guests; The Dormy Clubhouse.
In a space with more than a touch of vibrancy, overlooking our immaculate greens and the rugged Perthshire countryside, the Dormy Clubhouse is a 500 daily cover, informal bar and restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Expect personality and charm from the relaxed service, creating a familiar atmosphere for the whole family to enjoy dishes from grill classics and comfort food, to tandoor specialities and fresh pizzas.
For the position of Deputy Clubhouse Manager, we are looking for a confident, established and thoughtful leader, who values leadership as much their technical expertise and passion for service, knowing intuitively how to pre-empt the needs of our guests and our 35 strong team.
As an inclusive employer, we’re also open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
We are proud to pay the Real Living Wage for every role across the estate.
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role:
- You take pride in playing a key role in the management of the Clubhouse operation, encompassing the Dormy restaurant, Auchterarder 70 and Halfway Houses on our golf courses.
- You’ll be dedicated to the developing talent, sharing your extensive knowledge, ensuring that your passion and expertise is lived through others
- Engaging, motivating, and inspiring a strong and passionate team, you’ll ensure they consistently deliver exceptional service and are equally spell-bound by the magic and memories of the experiences they create.
- Intuitively reading the room, anticipating, and fulfilling the expectations of our guests; always warm, thoughtful, professional, and well groomed, you’ll play your part in ensuring 5 star, luxury service is our signature
- Developing strong working relations with our Culinary team, you’ll work together to demonstrate that shared passion, clear communication, and living our values is what truly galvanises the team and drives excellence
- Instilling a culture of continuous development and innovation, identifying new ways to surprise and delight your guests and your people
- You will work alongside a strong and experienced senior F&B leadership team who share your passion for the very best in food, drink, and people leadership
- Working hand-in-hand with our F&B Development Partner, you’ll be driving team engagement, training and development, and recruitment
- Using your financial acumen, you’ll run a profitable department, taking accountability for the profitability and performance of your business end to end
- Interacting with our guests, always warm, professional, helpful and doing everything you can to exceed their expectations; playing your part in making their stay with us 5 star in every way
The kind of person we're looking for:
- Enjoying the theatre and stage, you are however modest, understated and without ego; you care for others as much as you care for yourself and role model this consistently
- Energised and fuelled by a high paced operation and equally high expectations; you’re resilient, and skilled at managing multiple and often competing priorities
- Positive, professional, and courteous attitude, you always see a glass half-full, and are consistent in your mood, manner, and behaviour.
- You intuitively put yourself in the shoes of others whether that be your guests or your people; no matter how many times an issue has been presented to you, you recognise that to this person it’s likely a first
- An early bird some days and a night owl other, working flexibly during the week and weekends, leading from the front and by example
- You have high expectations of yourself and others, you drive high performance and ensure others are always brought on the journey with you
- Focussing on your people, and the desire to grow and nurture team members through coaching and training are second nature to you
- Highly motivated and possessing an immense sense of pride in your work; you're passionate about delivering the high standards for our guests in line with the Gleneagles brand
- You have a positive “can do” attitude to solving problems in a professional and courteous manner
- A strong team player with great communication skills and an enthusiastic approach; you're well organised and punctual with an eagle eye for detail; you take pride in fixing the small things that make a big difference
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
What’s in it for you:
- On target earning potential for this role is £34,660 / year , compromising of £30,000 annual salary (based on a 39 hour contract) and a qualified estimate of £4,660 in anticipated tronc/gratuities
- As a member of the Gleneagles team, you will also enjoy a fantastic range of perks, benefits and rewards including:
Time to let your hair down
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) that increases with service
- Seasonal parties and local social events
- 50% discount on Food & Beverage, Country Pursuits, Spa and Hair Salon (Mon-Thurs) and the Golf Driving Range
- Golf Membership (with access to all 3 championship courses) for £50.00 per annum
- Treats in your pocket
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of retail discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments.
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- A generous ‘refer a friend’ scheme
Be our guest
- Stay with us as a guest at Gleneagles for 2 nights per year at £65.00 per room B&B per night
- Friends & Family rate of £95.00 B&B per night
- Make a holiday of it with Hoxton Hotels in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, NY, Chicago and LA for just £45 per room, per night
- Subsidised, single occupancy, en-suite accommodation available on our estate
Investment in your development and wellbeing
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme, offering support and confidential advice for you and your family when you need it most
- Ongoing investment in your personal development with access to internal and external training qualifications and programmes
- Internal career opportunities across a wider range of specialisms and departments
- Monthly recognition programme
- Volunteering day every year with a charitable partner of your choice
- Complimentary access to our staff gym
- Gleneagles Cycle Scheme to spread the cost of the bike that you really want and reduce your carbon footprint